The Norma Richardson Hall is a multi-purpose hall for hire in central Woodend. Opened on 12 August 2012, this welcome addition to St Mary's is a great place to hold a function*, wedding, family gathering, movie night, dance class, exhibition or for use as venue for catering after a service at St Mary's.
To support our fund-raising activities, The Norma Richardson Hall is available for hire at competitive rates.
*We regret that bookings for 18th and 21st birthday parties will not be accepted.
To make a booking:
1. Check the calendar page to see if your date is free. All booked appointments will appear - simply decide on a date and time which is available and include this in your enquiry form (below).
2. Read the terms and conditions of hire (*form coming soon)
3. Complete the online enquiry form
4. You will then be sent a hire agreement to complete and return with payment
5. Once payment is received your booking will be confirmed and appear in the calendar page
We've put together a list of the facilities and prepared answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ) to help you. See documents below.
The hall is 25 squares (270m2) in total and has a maximum capacity of 100 people. Audiovisual equipment, combined with acoustic panels and variable lighting, make it a high-quality modern venue for events.
Other facilities at The Norma Richardson Hall include: a fully-equipped kitchen, full wheelchair access, baby change station, data projector, black-out blinds, gas ducted heating, ample space for parking and a sunny timber deck. There is also the possibility of broadcasting services from the church to the hall.
The Norma Richardson Hall is clean, open and light filled - gone are the days of dusty, drafty old halls. It's a great space for everyone, whatever your event, function, class, presentation or show.
· 15 square (140m2) timber floor hall, the total area under roof comes to 25 squares, that’s 270m2!
· Accommodates up to 100 people.
· Ceremonies held in the Church can be relayed to additional participants in the Hall.
· Full access and toilet facilities for people with disabilities.
· A ramp provides easy pram access and there are baby change facilities and high chairs.
· The fully equipped kitchen is perfect for brewing a cuppa, preparing a casual lunch or for use by professional caterers.
· It includes, a range cooker, pie warmer, instant boiling water, dishwasher, glass washer, large fridge, crockery and cutlery.
· Ducted gas heating is fitted through the building to keep you warm in Woodend
· A timber deck is a welcome addition to the venue.
· A fully integrated PA system/sound system and data projector are available for use.
· Presentations of all sizes can be made directly on the white walls and blackout blinds cover all the windows.
· 14 lights provide flexible options to suit different uses.
· The accoustic ceiling panels have been measured to give excellent sound quality.